Friday, August 15, 2014

Restaurant's Toxic Tea Leaves Woman in Critical Condition

(ABC News) A woman is in critical condition after taking a simple sip of toxic iced tea at a Utah restaurant.

Jan Harding, 67, was eating at a Dickey's Barbecue Pit with her husband, Jim. She sipped her tea and started gagging and coughing, Jim Harding said.

"I said, what is wrong?" Jim Harding said. "She said, 'I just drank acid.'"

The tea contained a heavily toxic industrial cleaner. The cleaner, made up of sodium hydroxide, or lye, is known to cause severe burns to the mouth, throat and stomach if swallowed -- chemical burns that Harding suffered from one drink.

Read full article here.

Watch more news videos | Latest from the US


Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014. World Issues Truth . All Rights Reserved
Home | | Contact Us | Privacy policy | About | | Site map
Design by Herdiansyah . Published by Borneo Templates